CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 5, 2012

International Blog Hop Day! TBA

Follow The Famous Yellow Road





What being a teacher means to me...........



I started teaching as a 2nd career. All through school I had always wanted to be a teacher but after graduation things didn't work out that way. I had a wonderful job in retail/food-service mgmt. It wasn't until I had my own son that they opportunity came to go to school and get a degree. I started with Early Childhood Education at the Community College level then went on to get my Bachelors in Elementary Education.

To be a teacher takes a special kind of person. We put the needs of our students before our own. We are a mother, father, nurse, friend, psychologist, life coach, book keeper, motivational speaker, manager, tie breaker,secretary and the list goes on............. We spend tons of our own money to make sure that our classrooms are just right for our students. We purchase school supplies so that everyone will have what they need. We put in hours before and after school. We create a love for learning. Nurture their social and emotional development. We are a positive influence in their lives. We create a consistent positive relationship with them guiding them to make the right decisions. 




2 comments:

  1. THanks for sharing.. i love the quote, :) it's really true that Teachers should teach from the heart, not from the book, :)


    ♥ rachel
    Teaching Melodies

    ReplyDelete