Well my co-worker over at Live, Laugh, Love, Teach have 21 days left of school. I am excited for the end of the year, but now we have the task of testing 80 children that are on our Title 1 caseload.
So I am passing the time linking up with fellow bloggers! This time I am linking up with Amber over at Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher.
3 Great Things
1. Our district has graciously trained our educators in:
7 Habits of Highly Effective People! Next year we will do, The Leader in Me book study.
2. I kept my job as a Title 1 teacher. Last year I only taught K-1 literacy. This year I was given the opportunity to teach K-4 Literacy and Math Intervention.
3. Working in 1 building and NOT having to travel between buildings. This has given me the ability to get to know the staff and feel like I belong. Instead of the disconnect I felt last year going between buildings.
3 Not-So-Great Things
1. I have found that there is just not enough time in the day. I am on the run from the time I wake up until the time that I go to bed. I never imagined that being a wife, mom and teacher would be such hard work.
2. Piloting a new math intervention program mid-year. I love the fact that I now have a curriculum to follow but we started mid-year which is making it difficult. The program is great and it is a wonderful asset to our program.
3. Still working on this one!